0

Tutorial 4 - Assignment 3 - U C What I C

Posted by Mr.Panda on 2:10 PM

For assignment 3, U C What I C, I have to take photographs to tell a story visually. In order to a good work, another classmate must be able to retell the story without prior explanation from me. Below is my story board for the story (the text going with each frame is very neutral, just descriptive of the action itself, no further explanation included):


Below are the photographs I took for this assignment, no explanation will be given until you have finished looking through the photographs and interpreted the story yourself. Explanation will be available at the end of this post. The title I chose for this story is "Oh My God!":

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
How is it going, are you able to tell my story? I put the stars above so that you won't look at my explanation when viewing the last photograph. Actually my story has a twist ending. If you were tricked by my story, you should have initially thought that the man was dating that lady since I purposefully shot them from such an angle that makes it look as if they are walking together hand in hand. Then you should have thought that the man was proposing to the lady as he knelt down . . . Surprise !!! He was kneeling down praying to God (Mother Mary), and the lady was surprised because she saw such beautiful roses (not because she was proposed by him). The last scene is the whole view of the scene, they actually didn't know each other and were doing their own things.

The reason I chose "Oh My God!" as the title is because it can apply to both scenarios (what the man and the lady were doing). OMG refers to the fact that he is praying to Mother Mary, and to the fact that the lady is very surprised to see such pretty flowers.

-------------------------
Feedback from class:
- Jia Sheng wasn't able to tell the twist of the story and he told me that he didn't understand it.
- The rest of the class disagreed with Jia Sheng since they detected the twist and could therefore interpret the story the way I wanted it to.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 * All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.