0

Tutorial 1 - Assignment 1 (Concepts)

Posted by Mr.Panda on 11:35 AM

Today I was required to choose 4 from 8 thumbnails that we drafted last week. My initial sketches included 2 variations for each concept that I love ("I Love Christmas" & "I Love Logos", as shown below:


-------------------------
Feedback from class:
- For the Christmas idea, I can replace the bell with the shoe because it looks more like a "d".
- The shoe looks a bit like "J", so I can rework on the shoe to make it a bit rounded.

Still, for the Logos idea I personally think that it's not much of an object manipulation but simply choosing from individual logos that look like each character of my name and put them together, thus they are not visually strong.

Throughout the semester I have thought of some more ideas and below are my final 8 thumbnails presented in my portfolio, the 4 sketches on the left are those I like and the other 4 on the left are those I don't like:


My name is DAT, HO KINH , and I chose to design for my first name (Dat). Below is my 8 concepts "My name is DAT, and ..." (4 love & 4 hate):

1. I Love Christmas because it is time when I can show my friends that I love them without feeling embarrassed.
2. I Love Signage System because it is simple, symbolic and universal.
3. I Love Logos because they are small and simple but can represent giant and sophisticated corporations.
4. I Love Barbecue because it is fun to grill food with friends outdoors.

1. I Do Not Like Birds because I have been pecked by them many times.
2. I Do Not Like Necktie because I like to dress casually and necktie is just too formal.
3. I Do Not Like Smoking because it causes lung cancer.
4. I Do Not Like High Heel Shoes because they will cause my mother heel and ankle pain when she gets old.

Out of the 8 concepts, I have chosen "I Love Christmas, I Love Barbecue" & "I Do Not Like Birds, I Do Not Like High Heel Shoes". I chose them because they fulfill the requirement of the assignment in terms of object manipulation.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 * All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.