0

Tutorial 2 - Assignment 1 - Me, Myself & I (Prototypes)

Posted by Mr.Panda on 12:01 PM

This is my final prototypes for the Christmas idea. As you can see, I added some more elements to make the shoe look a bit more colorful, and I have also made it more rounded to resemble a "d":


Failing to meet the goal of assignment 1, I have abandoned the Logos idea and come up with this new idea of ice-cream:


-------------------------
Feedback from class:
- For the Christmas idea, I can put these elements in a setting/context so that it can look more realistic, such as hanging them on a Christmas tree.
- The 2 ice-cream on the left and right side don't seem to adhere to the law of gravity. ( :)) )

I think that this is a better idea than Logos idea but still considered rather visually weak, so ... I came up with another idea at the very last moment of the semester (week 13) :P


Instead of drawing, I decided to use Typography to form the birds' shape by putting together some alphabetical letters and stuff like "~!^<>*() . . ." Since I don't like birds, I intentionally put them on a very old and torn paper, and colors look dull too. Eventually I'm going for the Christmas and Birds ideas for my portfolio.

----------------------------------------
Feedback from lecturer and tutor:
- This is a much better piece than the ice-cream in terms of communication and also visually strong, but Dr. Julian warned me not to ruin the piece by printing on a bad printer.
- This is a nice work but Ms. Siti advised me to go with the shadow version since my name is clearer (I showed her 2 versions, one with shadows for the birds and the other without).

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 * All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.